WARRANTY GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
I. Warranty Terms & Conditions:
- A warranty sticker which indicates the date it was sold (month, day, and year) or a unique serial number and a warranty slip stating the product’s warranty start and end date is used to identify each item sold by PC Express. Units assembled by PC Express authorized technicians must also bear the assembly seal or sticker indicating the assembly date and identification of the technician.
- All PC Express products carry a standard one (1) year warranty except for the following:
External Batteries of Laptops or Smartphones 6 months Bundled Items (mice, keyboards, speakers, etc.) 3 months Tables & Chairs 1 week Generic Fans, Laptop Coolers, Heatsinks, LAN Tester 1 week Consumables (inks, toners, media, discs, etc.) no warranty Software (OS, Office, Anti-virus, etc.) no warranty Powerbanks, Projector Bulbs, Chargers, Adaptor 6 months Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) printers 1 year (subject to Manufacturer’s Duty Cycle Limit, whichever comes first) Accessories, promotional/sale items, freebies, cables no warranties
- Items found defective within 1 week of purchase are allowed for Advance Warranty Replacement (AWR) depending on the availability and subject to the terms of Section II and Section III-5 below
- “PCX” branded desktops and components are given a 1-month AWR
- For Smartphones warranty, please proceed to the smartphone brand’s accredited Service Center.
- Extended warranties advertised or offered by the manufacturer of the product have their own warranty terms and conditions which require the customer to register the product on the manufacturer’s website. For more information, please visit the manufacturer’s website.
II. Warranty does not cover the following:
- All physical damages including but not limited to: electrical overstress (EOS) or “over-clocking”, bent pins, melted wires, circuit board cut traces, blown metal links, corrosion, due to accumulated dirt/moisture or insect/rodent urine, improper assembly, poor care, scratches, damages during transport, water damage, or damages caused by natural disasters.
- Products with defaced or altered serial numbers and warranty stickers or any alteration, modification, repairs made by a 3rd party.
- Smartphone, desktop, and laptop products whose software has been modified, rooted, or tampered with or its recovery partitions have been deleted.
- Loss of data (back-up files often) or transport costs
- Free or promotional items.
- Use of non-authorized inks, or continuous ink conversions on printers
- LCD monitors with less than 6 dead pixels (bright/dark) are not eligible for warranty claims unless the product offers a Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) warranty.
- LCD monitors and laptops whose defect is initially diagnosed as black-out, no power, or no display output are not eligible for Advance Warranty Replacement (AWR) claim.
III. For Warranty claims, the following is to be strictly followed:
- Present the defective item with the Warranty Slip to the PC Express Technician for diagnosis. A Job Order Form (JO) will be issued by the technician for all defective items. Present the Warranty Slip with the corresponding Job Order Form to claim warranty.
- For lost Warranty Slips, present the Sales Invoice and a certified true copy of the Warranty Slip will be issued for a fee of ₱100 (one hundred Pesos).
- Job Order Form (JO) is required upon claiming of replaced/repaired warranty items. if the JO is lost upon claiming, please present an affidavit of loss and 2 valid IDs for verification purposes.
- Interbranch claiming of warranty is not allowed without Warranty Slip. Only the branch where the item was purchased can reissue a new warranty slip
- For Advance Warranty Replacement (AWR) claims, the product must be returned in its original packaging along with all the intact components of the sales package.
IV. Warranty Process
- Items covered by the warranty will be sent to the supplier/manufacturer. Always return defective items in its complete box/packaging and accessories
- Defective items under warranty that have no available replacement are eligible for an upgrade, provided that the customer pays for the price difference between the upgraded and older model. Warranty on the replacement/upgraded item will be carried over from the defective item’s warranty date.
- Customers will be contacted when a replacement item is made available in 60 days or less. Upon notification, a 60-day period will be given in order to claim the warrantied item. When claiming upgraded items, please return old boxes, accessories, drivers, etc. of the warrantied item. A storage fee of ₱50 (fifty Pesos) will be charged per day past the 60-day claim period. Items unclaimed after 90 days will be forfeited.
- Always keep this Receipt to facilitate Warranty Claims
Order Cancellation Policy
If you need to cancel an order you may do so by going to your account > orders and tapping on the cancel button.
When can I cancel my Order?
|Order for Delivery||Cancellation is still allowed if we have not yet booked the delivery.|
|Store Pickup||If the items need to be transferred from one branch to another, the cancellation can only be done before the transfer happens. Otherwise, cancellation is still allowed as long as the item is not yet released to the customer.|
|Pre-Orders||Cancellation is allowed 7 days before the release date or if the order has not yet been processed by the supplier (whichever comes first). Reservation fees and/or down payments are non-refundable.|
|Special Orders||Orders can be canceled if the item has not been processed by the supplier or manufacturer. Reservation fees and/or down payments are non-refundable.|
Cancellation for orders with promotions
If canceling an item means your order is no longer eligible for a promotion or a quantity discount, your order total will be recalculated, and credit card charges may apply.
If you cancel an order that was paid for with a discount voucher, the purchase amount will be credited to your account as a discount voucher with the same amount with validity depending on the promotion’s terms and conditions.
Sales Return Policy
- NO RECEIPT, NO EXCHANGE. Sales returns are allowed only where the product was purchased. ORIGINAL receipt is needed to process any sales return transaction.
- NO CASH REFUND. A credit note with a validity of three (3) months will be issued for the returned products. In cases where the customer’s choice of replacements item(s) is not available. A credit note can be used only in the same branch where it was issued.
- The exchange of purchased items will be allowed within three (3) days from the date of purchase (e.g. items purchased on January 1 will be permitted to be exchange in full purchase value to another item until January 3). In the event of sudden price drop within the three-day exchange period, the returned item will be valued at the current list price.
- Items exchange beyond the three-day period will be charged a restocking fee of ten percent (10%) within the first week additional five percent (5%) per week for the succeeding weeks (e.e 15% on the second week, 20% on the third week and so on). in the event of a price increase computations will be done on the original purchase price.
- Only items with complete boxes, cd drivers, manual, and in pristine condition will be accepted for exchange. Consumer items such as tablets, digital cameras, cellular phones, headset will only be permitted for return if the original package (e.g. shrink wrap, blister pack) has not been opened and the devices has not been used. Consumable items such as ink cartridges, ribbons, etc. that have been opened will not be honored for return. Software is no allowed for sales return.
- The company reserves the rights to decline any returns after deemed necessary